Before you can import entities from an external system, you must set up your data sources, and configure Security Center so that the entities you want to import can be mapped properly.
- Make sure that your Security Center license supports a sufficient number of data sources.
- Create a database view or delimited text files that follow the Card Synchronization schema.
If you have custom fields to import:
- Open the Data source configuration wizard.
- Click Manage custom fields.
- Verify that the external fields are mapped to the appropriate custom fields.
- Map an external field to a custom field by selecting the left-most check box.
CAUTION:Do not delete the custom field after it is created by the plugin. Deleting the associated custom field causes the synchronization to fail.
- If the credentials you want to import use custom card formats, create corresponding custom card formats in Security Center.
- Implement the best practices for importing entities.
- Back up the Directory database, so that you can restore the database if you accidentally merge or duplicate entities during import.