You must install Cloud Archives on each server that hosts the Archiver role or Auxiliary Archiver role that will use the service. Also, you must install Cloud Archives separately from Security Center.
Before you begin
- If you have external SDK applications or macros that use the video playback functionality, contact your sales engineering representative from Genetec Inc. for more information on programming requirements.
- Install Security Center 5.3 GA or later.
- Prepare your files for cloud archiving.
- Make sure that TCP ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) are opened for uploading to the cloud.
- Make sure you have a License.cal file ready to be activated.
What you should know
- Cloud Archives must be installed on each server that hosts an Archiver role or an Auxiliary Archiver role from which video archives will be uploaded to the cloud.
- Motion search is not supported by the Archivers and Auxiliary Archivers with Cloud Archives.
- Archiver statistics displayed in Config Tool are not accurate with Cloud Archives.
- Cloud Archives does not support network shared drives used by Archivers and Auxiliary Archivers for recording. Local drives must be used.
- Download the installation package from GTAP (https://gtap.genetec.com). You need a username and password to log on to GTAP.
- In the installation package, double-click the setup.exe file and follow the installation instructions.
- On the Installation Wizard Completed page, select Launch Genetec Security Center Cloud Archives, and then click Finish.
In the Video Encryption dialog box, enter and confirm an
encryption password, and then click Next.
Select whether to install on the Archiver or the
Auxiliary Archiver, and then click
If you select Archiver, the video recorded by all the Archiver roles hosted on the server on which you installed Cloud Archives will be uploaded to the cloud.
In the License dialog box, do one of the following:
- Paste your license information from the License.cal file. You can open this file with a text editor.
- Browse for the License.cal file, and then click Open.
- Click Activate.
- When the successful installation of Cloud Archives is confirmed, click OK.
Click Restart Archiver.
If you chose to install Cloud Archives on an Auxiliary Archiver, Restart Auxiliary Archiver is displayed instead.