You can view the arming settings that are configured for an intrusion detection area. You can also change the options for the Bad Zones feature.
What you should know
- The only parameter that can be changed is Bad Zones.
- Bad zones apply only when using the panel's keypad to arm an area. If you arm a DMP intrusion detection area from Security Center, the bad zones parameter is ignored; so, if a faulty input is detected, the input is ignored and the area is armed.
- Requires the Modify intrusion detection area properties privilege.
- The DMP Properties page displays the parameters set on the intrusion panel. If the panel is offline, the last known settings are displayed.
- For detailed information about these parameters, refer to your DMP user documentation.
To view the arming behavior for a DMP intrusion detection area:
- In Config Tool, open the Area View task.
Select a DMP intrusion detection area from the entity browser pane, and click the
DMP Properties tab.
The intrusion detection area's current configuration is displayed.
To configure the arming behavior of a bad zone:
In the Bad zones list, select one of the following
- If a faulty input is detected, the panel bypasses the input and arms the intrusion detection area. The bypass status is canceled when the area is disarmed. This is the default setting.
- Force arm
- If a faulty input is detected, the panel ignores the faulty input and arms the intrusion detection area. The input is not permanently bypassed.
- Refuse arm
- If a faulty input is detected, the panel does not arm the intrusion detection area.