It is important to protect your data by scheduling regular database backups. In addition, regularly clean your database to remove old data so that the database does not grow beyond its capacity. If the database is full it can cause your integration to stop working.
Before you begin
- Get access to the Server Admin machine and log on credentials.
- Ensure you have the following
- View role properties
- Modify role properties
- Administration > Intrusion detection
What you should know
- The Intrusion Manager role database contains event notifications from the DMP intrusion panels.
- The Directory database contains the entities and their configuration, and custom events.
- It is a best practice to schedule all database maintenance during non-peak hours.
- From Server Admin, back up the Directory database.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Select the Intrusion Manager role from the entity browser and click the Resources tab.
Click Backup/Restore (), choose the location for backup files, enable
automatic backups at least once per week, and then click
For more information, see Backing up databases.
- From the Intrusion Manager role, click the Properties tab, and specify how long to keep events.
- Click Apply.