When you have defined the ambush code on your intrusion panel, you will need to choose a Security Center cardholder to be the duress user.
Before you begin
- On the panel, configure the ambush code and associated user profile.
- In Security Center, create a cardholder to use as the duress user.
The duress cardholder must be in the Cardholders list. If it isn’t in the list, that user won't have a profile when it is pushed to the panel. Cardholders without profiles have no rights.
What you should know
Only one duress user is supported per panel.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Expand the Intrusion Manager role from the entity browser, and then select the intrusion detection unit you want to configure.
- Click the Users codes tab.
- In the Duress section, click Select cardholder ().
- Choose the cardholder you want to use as the Duress user, then click OK.
- Click Apply.
Add the duress user to the list of cardholders that will be pushed to the
NOTE: If the duress user is already part of a group that you are pushing, you don't need to add it again, although you can if you want to be certain.
- In the Cardholder synchronization section, click .
- In the Configure cardholders profiles dialog box, click .
Select the cardholders and cardholder groups that you want to
CAUTION:Adding a cardholder group exports all the cardholders in that group. However, the users in the Exclusion list are not exported.
Select one to four profiles, and then click
Profiles give the cardholder access privileges, and are defined on the intrusion panel.
- Click Apply again.
- Click Exclusion list, and verify that the duress cardholder is not included in any of the groups listed.
- To export this duress cardholder to the panel, click Push to panel.