From the Peripherals tab, you can assign a name, logical ID, and a description to the inputs and outputs of an intrusion detection unit. You can also see the state of inputs and outputs.
What you should know
- The state of an input will be Unavailable in two cases: 1) when the input is bypassed and 2) when the intrusion panel is offline. Moreover, when the panel is offline, it and all of its inputs and outputs are not only Unavailable but also highlighted red.
- When an input, output, or intrusion detection area is renamed on a panel, Security Center is updated immediately.
- If you physically remove an input or output from an intrusion panel, Security Center detects the input or output as offline. You can manually delete this entity from the Peripherals page.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Intrusion detection task.
- Expand the Intrusion Manager role from the entity browser, and then select the intrusion detection unit you want to configure.
Click the Peripherals tab.
Double-click the entity.
Tip: You can edit multiple entities of the same type simultaneously by clicking the CTRL or SHIFT key while clicking entities, then click Edit an item ().
- In the dialog box, enter a Name, Logical ID, and Description.
- Click Apply, and then click Apply again.