Before you can start evacuations from areas, you must designate areas as mustering areas and assign them to other areas. For individuals to be marked as Safe during an evacuation, they must badge their credential at one of the mustering areas assigned to the area they evacuated from.
Before you begin
What you should know
- You can assign one or more mustering areas to an area.
- You can assign mustering areas to other mustering areas.
- The evacuation process acts as if the All open rule is assigned to the mustering point. During the evacuation, the mustering point grants access to everyone who badges at it, but only the people that are part of the evacuation are marked as Safe in the Evacuation Assistant portal.
- Mustering areas must be at the same level in the entity hierarchy as the area you want
to evacuate, unless it is nested in a different parent area:
- A nested area cannot be used as a mustering area to its parent area.
- An area that has nested areas cannot be used as a mustering area to its child areas.
- Building A cannot be evacuated to Floor A1 or Floor A2, but can be evacuated to any other area.
- Floor A1 and Floor A2 cannot be evacuated to Building A, but can be evacuated to any other area.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Area view task.
- From the entity tree, select the area you want to configure, and then click the Evacuation Assistant tab.
- To designate the area as a mustering area for other areas, in the Mustering area settings section, turn on the Mustering area option.
(Optional) Configure the
after evacuation ends options:
- Forgive antipassback
- When this option is on, after the evacuation ends, each cardholder in this mustering area is forgiven of one antipassback violation.
- Forgive antipassback and move cardholders to area
- When this option is on, after the evacuation ends, all the cardholders in this mustering area are moved to the area you select.
- To assign mustering areas to the area, in the Evacuation settings section, from the Assigned mustering areas list, select one or more mustering areas for the area.
Floor A1 does not act as a mustering area for other areas. When an evacuation is started from Floor A1, people are to gather in Mustering area A1.
The Mustering area settings are configured for Mustering area A1 so that when an evacuation from Floor A1 ends, the cardholders that came from Floor A1 and reached Mustering area A1 are automatically moved back to Floor A1.
If other areas had Mustering area A1 as an assigned mustering area, then when evacuations from those areas end, the cardholders that came from those areas and reached Mustering area A1 would also be moved to Floor A1.