To integrate the Genetec Clearance™ plugin into Security Center, you must install the Genetec Clearance™ plugin on a Security Center expansion server and on all client workstations from which you want to export video.
Before you begin
- Your server meets the recommended system requirements.
- A compatible version of Security Center is installed.
IMPORTANT: You have uninstalled the Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin 3.0 and the Genetec Clearance™ plugin 3.1 and removed both plugin roles.
- If you are using Security Center 5.7, make sure you have the minimum .NET Framework version installed. For more information, see System requirements for the Genetec Clearance™ plugin 3.2.
- If you are upgrading from an older Genetec Clearance™ plugin version, make sure you have the proper Genetec Clearance™ plugin part on your license. For more information see License options for a Genetec Clearance™ plugin integration.
What you should know
Best Practice: Install the plugin on a expansion server to avoid affecting the performance of the Directory.
- If you already have an Intrusion Manager role set up, install the extension on that server.
- If you want to make the plugin functionality available to all users, you must install the plugin on all of the Security Center client workstations.
- The server the plugin is installed on requires Internet access to upload evidence to Genetec Clearance™. All communications use port 443.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- Under Download Finder, select your version of Security Center.
- From the Genetec Plugins section, download the package for your product.
Run the .exe file, and then unzip the file.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
- Close, and then open, any instances of Config Tool and Security Desk.