When the Genetec Clearance™ plugin is installed, you can export video recordings from a Security Center system to a Genetec Clearance™ account and integrate video requests into Security Center. The plugin uploads selected video exports over the Internet. All uploaded data remains encrypted in transit and at rest.
The following diagram shows the Genetec Clearance™ Plugin architecture and network communication. The design includes a server to run the Genetec Clearance™ plugin connected to a Security Center Omnicast solution which should typically include at least one Directory Server, one Archiver server and at least one camera that is managed by the Archiver server.
|A||Security Desk request to send video to Genetec Clearance™. Outbound TCP5500 to Directory.|
|B||Directory communication with the Genetec Clearance™ Plugin. TCP 5500 inbound/outbound.|
|C||The Genetec Clearance™ Plugin requests video. TCP554 outbound to Media Router.|
|D||The Genetec Clearance™ Plugin requests video from archiver and stores it into buffer. TCP560, 555 and 605 Outbound.|
|E||Exported Video transferred to Genetec Clearance™ (See list of Genetec Clearance™ domains). Outbound 443 (HTTPS)|
|A||Investigator submits video request from Genetec Clearance™ Web Client. Outbound HTTPS port (443) to Genetec Clearance™ domains.|
|B||Request for video goes from Genetec Clearance™ to the server running the Genetec Clearance™ plugin. HTTPS outbound from plugin server.|
|C||Notification of a request for video reaches the Directory and then the Security Desk client through Directory/Server/Client communication. Client to Directory: Outbound TCP5500 Plugin to Directory: Inbound & Outbound TCP5500|
|D||Operator approves/denies request for video through Genetec Clearance™. HTTPS outbound to the Genetec Clearance™ domains (see list of Genetec Clearance™ domains).|
|E||The Genetec Clearance™ plugin requests video. TCP554 outbound to Media Router.|
|F||The Genetec Clearance™ plugin requests video export and stores it into buffer. TCP560, 555 and 605 Outbound.|
|G||Exported video is transferred to Genetec Clearance™ domains (See list of Genetec Clearance™ HTTPS Outbound (port 443).|
ComponentsThe following components are required for a Genetec Clearance™ plugin integration:
- Expansion Server
- An expansion server is any server machine in a Security Center system that does not host the Directory role. The purpose of the expansion server is to add to the processing power of the system.
- The Genetec Clearance™ plugin is run on a Security Center expansion server to avoid affecting the performance of the Directory.
- Genetec Clearance™ plugin
- The Genetec Clearance™ plugin is used to export Security Center video recordings and snapshots to Genetec Clearance™. You can also create a registry of Security Center cameras in a Genetec Clearance™ account that you can use to automate exports when video requests are submitted.
The The Genetec Clearance™ role manages video exports to a Genetec Clearance™ account. This role also handles communications between Security Center and the Genetec Clearance™ web application.Video requests are submitted from Genetec Clearance™ and processed by the Genetec Clearance™ plugin.
- When a request is received, the requested video is immediately encrypted by Genetec Clearance™ and exported to a temporary location to prevent the Archiver retention policy from deleting the requested video.
- If the video request is approved, the requested video is transferred to a case in Genetec Clearance™ with all associated camera registry metadata.
- If the video request is rejected, the video is deleted from the temporary location and is never sent to the requester.
In Security Center, the Genetec Clearance™ plugin must be installed and the Genetec Clearance™ role must be active to ensure that video can be exported to Genetec Clearance™.
- Genetec Clearance™
- Genetec Clearance™ is a digital evidence management system that you can use to help accelerate investigations by securely collecting, managing, and sharing evidence from different sources.
- A Genetec Clearance™ account is required. An account administrator must download a configuration file from the appropriate Genetec Clearance™ account to associate it with their Security Center system.