To export recordings from a Security Center system to a Genetec Clearance™ account, you must connect the Genetec Clearance™ plugin role to the Genetec Clearance™ account. The cameras that you select here are shared with Genetec Clearance™ and published in the Genetec Clearance™ Registry.
What you should know
- view camera selection (privilege)
- Users with this privilege can view and modify the Camera selection page.
- View plugin configuration (privilege)
- Users with this privilege can view and modify the configuration settings.
- View request notifications (privilege)
- Users with this privilege can view and modify the Request notifications page.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Plugins task.
- In the Plugins task, select the plugin role from the entity browser, and click the Properties tab.
Configure the following:
- Account ID
- Displays the Genetec Clearance™ account ID. Click Import file () and select the JSON configuration file you want to use to import Genetec Clearance™ account connection settings. These settings include the Account ID that is used to connect the Genetec Clearance™ plugin to a Genetec Clearance™ account.
- Polling interval
- Specifies how frequently the Genetec Clearance™ plugin connects back to Genetec Clearance™ for updates or sending back new requests.
- Archive destination folder
- Specifies a folder location where video is temporarily stored during the upload
process. After the upload completes the video is deleted.NOTE: If you are running Genetec Clearance™ on an expansion server, using the Browse button to set the archive destination folder opens the file explorer for the local machine, but saving the destination creates the folder on the directory server. As a workaround, enter the correct file path in the Archive destination folder text field.
- Use proxy
- Click to use a forward proxy server to connect to the Genetec Clearance™ plugin.
- Use throttling
- Enable throttling to execute uploads sequentially. Disable throttling to execute
uploads concurrently, for a maximum of five concurrent uploads or video requests by
evidence processes at a time.NOTE: Bandwidth throttling is only possible if the proxy server is set to off.
- Maximum bandwidth
- Define a maximum bandwidth for your uploads in MBPS.
If you require a forward proxy server, click Use proxy and enter
- IPv4 address or hostname.
- Port number.
If you want to implement bandwidth throttling, do the following:
NOTE: The bandwidth throttling feature is not available when the proxy service is enabled.
- Set Use throttling to On.
Define a maximum bandwidth value
If you are adding cameras to the Genetec Clearance™ Registry, select the
devices you want to publish:
NOTE: When a Federation™ or area is added to the selection, you can only remove the whole area or Federation™ thereafter. You cannot remove individual cameras from the area or Federation™.
- Click Camera selection.
- Click .
Search for or select cameras that you want to share from the list and click
Configure request notifications:
NOTE: The users you select here receive notifications in Security Desk when new video requests are submitted in Genetec Clearance™.
- Click Request notifications.
- Click .
Search for or select users from the list and click OK.
- Click Apply.