In Security Center, Security Desk operators can export video recordings as evidence from a Security Center system to a Genetec Clearance™ account.
Before you begin
What you should know
- You must have the Send to Genetec Clearance™ privilege to export video from Security Desk to Genetec Clearance™.
- In Security Center, the maximum video that you can export is 24hrs. If you try an export larger than 24hrs the error message Export range for g64 must be shorter than 1 days is displayed.
- When sending video evidence recordings to Genetec Clearance™, video is first exported from an
Archiver and the file is then encrypted
and uploaded to the cloud. The process of exporting and uploading videos follows
the following specifications:
- The plugin exports one video at a time. Exports longer than one hour are broken into segments that are a maximum of 60 minutes in length.
- Up to five segments exported from the same camera will upload in parallel. Multiple cameras can upload up to five videos at the same time.
Desk, right-click a
camera tile and click Send evidence to Genetec Clearance™.
Tip: You can click and drag the start and end of the video export using the video timeline at the bottom of the video tile.
To add additional cameras to the video export, click .
NOTE: By default, the exports from the cameras you add have the same start time as the first video you chose to export.
- (Optional) To add all cameras currently loaded in the video tiles, click .
- Select the cameras you require and click OK.
(Optional) To sync the times of all the cameras involved in the export, click
the first camera, then hold the
Shiftkey and click the final camera, then click to sync.NOTE: Exporting different time ranges from the same camera in a single export is not supported. A user must create a new export if video from the same device needs to be uploaded to Genetec Clearance™.
Enter the following information for each video export:
- (Optional) A name for the evidence export.
- The start and end times for the period you want to send video from.
- (Optional) A description.
- Click Next.
Define your case association for the evidence export and click
- Select existing case
- Create a new case
- Skip and upload evidence
If you selected Select existing case do the
- Select the case you want to associate the evidence with and click Next.
- Click Finish.
If you selected Create a new case do the
- Enter a name.
- Select a department from the Department drop-down list.
- Select a category from the Category drop-down list.
Enter case information in the appropriate fields.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to create the case and export the video.
If you selected Skip and upload evidence, click
The evidence is uploaded to Genetec Clearance™ without being associated with a case.
After you finish
- You can track the status of the export using the notifications in the notification tray.
- A blue icon indicates no errors, a red icon indicates an issue.
Verify that your evidence is now available in Genetec Clearance™.