The registry is the Genetec Clearance™ module that simplifies the video request process and improves collaboration between participants and investigators. The registry can include a list of cameras that authorized users can request video from.
- Share a list of cameras and public safety program participants so that users can submit video requests
- Configure request forms that users must complete when requesting video
- Configure participant enrollment forms for public safety initiatives.
- Define Genetec Clearance™ users that can approve new requests
- Maintain searchable records of all past requests
- Query requests based on their status
Video request workflow
- A registry of cameras and participants is published in Genetec Clearance™ so that investigators can find devices that are near incidents under investigation.
- The investigator submits a request form.
An email notification is sent to the camera owners to review new requests. Authorized users can view the status of their current and past requests in Genetec Clearance™.
- Camera owners validate the video request, ensuring that all required details are received before releasing the video to the requester.
- When the request is approved, video is exported from Genetec™
Security Center, or other systems
integrated using the Genetec Clearance™
APIs, based on the date and time provided by the requester.NOTE: If the system is not integrated with other sources, evidence can be uploaded by way of a file request link generated on the request.
- After the available recordings have been uploaded to Genetec Clearance™, an email notification is sent to the investigator. You can configure permission levels in the system to grant the investigator view-only or view and download permissions.