The camera registry is a Genetec Clearance™ module that simplifies the video request process and improves collaboration between organizations and investigators. The registry includes surveillance cameras, body cameras, and in-car recorders. Authorized users can rapidly identify and request video from camera sources of interest.
- Share a list of their cameras for guests to submit new video requests
- Configure request forms that a guest user must complete when requesting video
- Define Genetec Clearance™ users that can approve new requests
- Maintain searchable records of all past requests
- Query requests based on their status
- Automatically upload video from Security Center using the Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin
Video request workflow
- A registry of cameras is published in Genetec Clearance™ so that investigators can find devices that are near incidents under review.
- The investigator submits a request form. An email notification is sent to the camera owners to review new requests. A notification tray alert is also displayed in Security Desk. Authorized users can view the status of their current and past requests in Genetec Clearance™.
- Camera owners validate the video request and ensure that all required details are received before releasing the video to the requester.
- When the request is approved, the videos are exported from Genetec™Security Center, or other video management systems, based on the date and time provided by the investigator.
- After the available the recordings have been uploaded to Genetec Clearance™ Uploader, an email notification is sent to the investigator. You can configure permission levels in the system to grant the investigator view-only or view and download permissions.