The Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin is a software module that integrates video requests into Security Center.
Video requests are submitted from the Genetec Clearance™ web application and processed by the Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin.
- When a request is received, the requested video is immediately encrypted and exported to a temporary location to prevent the Archiver retention policy from deleting the requested video.
- If the video request is approved, the requested video is transferred to a case in Genetec Clearance™ with all associated camera registry metadata.
- If the video request is rejected, the video is deleted from the temporary location and is never sent to the requester.
NOTE: If you have maps set up in Plan Manager, camera positional information from Plan Manager can be published in Genetec Clearance™. For example, you could see cameras near an area of interest shown on the map view in Genetec Clearance™. If you have the same device configured on multiple maps or on the same map twice, only one of the positions is used.
Architecture diagram for Genetec Clearance™ Video Request integrationThe following diagram shows the Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin installed on an expansion server.
Components of Genetec Clearance™ Video Request integration
- Expansion server
- An expansion server is any server machine in a Security Center system that does not host the Directory role. The purpose of the expansion server is to add to the processing power of the system.
- Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin
- The Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin is installed on a Security Center server and runs as a plugin role.
- Config Tool
- The Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin is also installed on a Config Tool workstation. The Security Center administrator uses Config Tool to create and configure the plugin role.
- Security Desk
- The Genetec Clearance™ Video Request plugin is installed on all Security Desk workstations. When video requests are submitted, Security Desk operators are notified by a new video request alert in the notification tray.
- Genetec Clearance™
- Genetec Clearance™ is a collaborative investigation management system that you can use to help accelerate investigations by securely collecting, managing, and sharing evidence from different sources.
NOTE: Federated cameras are supported. However, plugin role failover is not supported.