For every type of situation that requires your security team's intervention, you can define a Genetec Mission Control™ incident. An incident type entity represents a situation that requires specific actions to resolve it. The incident type entity can also be used to automate the incident detection in Genetec Mission Control™ and to enforce the standard operating procedures that your security team must follow.
Before you begin
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Incident configuration task.
- Click the Incident configuration view (if not selected).
- (Optional) Select or create an incident category.
A new incident type named New incident is added.
Click the Identity page, enter a name and description, and choose
an icon and a color for this incident type.
Genetec Mission Control™ entities share the same set of custom icons. You can use any PNG or JPG file as an icon. A PNG file with transparent background works best.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Properties tab and configure the General properties and the Response and resolution time properties as required, and then click Apply.
- Click the Recipients tab and configure to whom incidents of this type should be dispatched. You can configure an advanced dispatch of incidents based on additional criteria such as user's assigned work area, schedule, online status, and so on.
- Click Apply.
Click the Triggers tab and configure the rules that Genetec Mission
Control™ applies to identify and trigger this type
NOTE: If no trigger is defined, you must set Allow manual trigger to ON.
- Click the Automation tab and configure the automation workflow that defines the life cycle of the incident.
- Click the User procedure tab and configure the standard operating procedure (SOP) that the operator must follow before resolving the incident.