You can deploy the Security Center Directory on a standalone machine separate from the rest of Genetec Mission Control™ components.
Benefits: Directory on a standalone machine
- Security Center Directory resources are not shared
- Other services do not use the same resources and therefore do not impact the Security Center Directory performance or availability.
- Low maintenance
- Only two machines to monitor and manage; one for the Security Center Directory and one for all other Genetec Mission Control™ components.
Drawbacks: Directory on a standalone machine
- Complicated deployment
- This deployment model is slightly more involved as you would have to manually install the Security Center server on a separate machine and move the Security Center Directory to that server.
- Higher latency in communications
- Communications between the Security Center Directory and all other Genetec Mission Control™ components might need a bit more time.
- Network environment impacts up-time
- Issues in the network environment between the Security Center Directory and other Genetec Mission Control™ components directly impacts service.
- No fault resilience or fault tolerance
- Issues with the machine on which the Security Center Directory is running impacts all other components.
- Losing connectivity to the machine with all the other services makes all those services unavailable, although the Security Center Directory would still be available.
- Updating your Windows machine might incur downtime
- Every time you update your system, there is downtime incurred while the system reboots.