The cumulative hotfix can be installed using a command line, without any prompts or visual feedback.
Ensure that Genetec Mission Control™ 188.8.131.52 software is installed.
Before you begin
NOTE: 184.108.40.206 can be installed on top of previous hotfixes.
- Copy the .zip file that contains the hotfix installation files to any folder on the computer that you are updating.
- Extract the .exe from the .zip file.
- Close all Genetec Inc. applications, such as Config Tool and Security Desk.
- Open a command prompt with elevated privileges as administrator.
At the elevated command prompt:
NOTE: The system restarts automatically to complete the installation.
If you are updating your main server, stop the Genetec™
Server service by
net stop GenetecServer
Start the installer by entering:
“<NAME_OF_HOTFIX>.exe” /s /v”/qn”You can change to the directory where the .exe file is located before running the command, or you can specify the absolute path of the .exe file in the command as follows:
“C:\Genetec\<NAME_OF_HOTFIX>.exe” /s /v”/qn”
If you stopped the Genetec™
Server service, restart
it by entering:
net start GenetecServer
- If you are updating your main server, stop the Genetec™ Server service by entering: