When using IP cameras to monitor your target area, there is a possibility that they might go offline. You can design your workflows to detect and resolve the incident automatically if it is a temporary system glitch and request operator action only when manual intervention is needed.
Considerations for Camera offline incident configuration
If you use IP cameras in a network, you can configure your Genetec Mission Control™ system to alert selected personnel to a camera malfunction and manage the incident effectively through incident workflows and dynamic incident procedures.
- Define the incident. Select an icon and color scheme that will immediately capture your operator's attention in the Incident monitoring task in Security Desk.
- Set the initial priority of the incident. In this example, it is set to
- Select recipients for incident management and incident notification.
- When an IP camera goes offline, Security
Center generates a Connection lost
event. This event can be used by the Genetec Mission
Control™ Rules Engine to trigger a Camera
offline incident. You can configure this on the Properties
page of the Incident configuration task in Config
- After the incident is triggered, the operators must validate the incident. It might be a system glitch that corrects itself in a few minutes. If so, the incident can be considered resolved. If not, the operators need to be guided with steps for incident resolution. You can configure multiple incident resolution options using dynamic SOPs.
- Your incident workflow design must automate selected system activities such as automatic incident resolution if the trigger is a false-positive, and so on. If the incident is valid, the system must adapt to operator's response to dynamic SOP and execute activities accordingly.
- You can use a custom incident state to indicate a maintenance request for the faulty camera connection.
Procedure for Camera offline incidents
For Camera offline incidents dynamic incident procedures are ideal.
In this example, the incident procedure includes steps to validate the incident and provides steps of action for incident resolution if the camera connection does not reestablish itself.
Custom incident states for Camera offline incidents
If resolving the incident requires operator intervention, your incident configuration must include an incident state that calls for action. This example scenario includes a custom Repair needed state configured through the States page in the Incident Manager role.