You can configure incident workflows that guide the system to act based on operator response to established incident management procedures for Bomb threat incidents.
Workflow design considerations for Bomb threat incidents
- Notify selected recipients.
- Sound the alarm.
- Wait for direction from dynamic incident procedures to update state of the incident in real-time.
- Perform post resolution activities such as neutralizing threat levels, changing the incident state to resolved, exporting incident details to selected location, and send an email to administrators with selected details of the incident.
Workflow for Bomb threat incidents
In Genetec Mission Control™, you can configure incident workflows to provide real-time updates to operators on the status of the incident. You can use the change in incident states and operator's response to dynamic incident procedures to take decisive action towards incident resolution.
- Sound alarm: Bomb threat
- Post resolution activities
Automating system actions
- The preconfigured Evacuate threat level is activated. The system
performs activities associated with the threat level, such as arming the
zone, sounding the buzzer and so on. An active threat level highlights the
operator's entire Security
Desk application in the selected color for the threat level. In this case, red.
- The incident listing in the operator's Incident monitoring task in Security Desk is highlighted in red to alert them to an immediate threat.
- The doors in the incident location are automatically unlocked to facilitate evacuation.
- The administrators are notified by email with details of the threat.
System response to dynamic procedure steps
When the incident is triggered, the system guides the operator using the dynamic procedure steps. You can include documents with guidelines for handling threats, emergency contacts, and so on for this specific incident. The operators can access all the required information from the Documents section in the Incident page.
Automating incident resolution activities based on operator's response
By workflow design, the system waits for the operator's response to one of three paths in the dynamic incident procedures:
When the operator confirms that the threat is clear, the system asks the operator to comment on the incident resolution and executes a series of activities to resolve and log the incident details.
The Export incident activity exports details of the incident such as incident trigger time, external ID, operator actions, system actions, and more into an XML document. These details are stored in the specified location and can be accessed later for a forensic analysis of the incident and the incident resolution process.