To better support the operators, you can configure relevant documents to be automatically attached to incidents based on type, time and location of occurrence, and recipients. You can attach a document to the incident itself, or to a specific step within the standard operating procedure (SOP).
Before you begin
- Configure the location of the Genetec Mission Control™ library folder.
- Make sure that the necessary applications for viewing the documents are installed on your client workstations. For example, if you add a PDF document to your Genetec Mission Control™ library, make sure that Acrobat Reader is installed on all your client workstations.
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Incident configuration task.
Click the Document management view, and then click Add
an item ().
In the Document properties dialog box, do one of the
Files are copied to the Genetec Mission Control™ document library where they remain available, but URLs only function if the external source remains available.
- Click File, and enter the path to the document you want to add. The path is local to your Config Tool workstation.
- Click URL, and enter the URL of a document on the web.
- Enter the Name and the Description (optional) of the document.
Enter a new Tag or select an existing one.
The document tag is only necessary if you need to attach the document to a step in an SOP. For more information, see Configuring standard operating procedures for Genetec Mission Control™.
Configure the settings used to determine whether this document is attached to an
Attached documents appear in the Related documents section of the Incident tab in the dashboard. To attach this document to an incident, you must configure at least one of the following settings:
- Incident type
- The document is attached if the incident matches one of the configured incident types.
- The document is attached if the incident is triggered at a time covered by one of the configured schedules.
- The document is attached if the incident is occurring at one of the configured
locations (areas).CAUTION:Child areas are not considered. If the document must also be attached because the incident occurs at some of the child locations, you must add them manually.
- User / User group
- The document is attached if the incident recipient matches one of the configured users or user groups.
- Click Add.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.