If different teams need to work on the same incident following different workflows and SOPs, you can create a collaborative incident to synchronize all users' work.
Before you begin
- Create the Security Center users and user groups to match the teams of Genetec Mission Control™ operators, with an incident supervisor assigned to each team (only necessary if you want to dispatch the collaborative incident to supervisors).
- Configure distinct incident types to be dispatched to each team. These incident types are to be used as sub-incidents of the collaborative incident you are going to define.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Incident configuration task.
- Click the Incident configuration view (if not selected).
- (Optional) Select or create an incident category.
At the bottom of the window, click the arrow button beside
Incident (), select
Collaborative incident, and enter the name of the incident
In the Identity page, configure the appearance of the incidents on
maps (Icon and Color).
Genetec Mission Control™ entities share the same set of custom icons. You can use any PNG or JPG file as an icon. A PNG file with transparent background works best.Best Practice: To make the collaborative incidents stand out in the incident list, use a distinct icon (default = ).
- Click .
In the Properties page, add the
Sub-incidents that are dispatched to the individual teams when
the collaborative incident is triggered, and configure the General properties as
NOTE: Response and resolution time properties are not available in collaborative incidents, and must be set for each sub-incident if required.If the sub-incidents should never be triggered independently, set their Allow manual trigger option to OFF.
- Click .
In the Recipients page, configure who can see the collaborative
You have three options:
- Everyone can see the collaborative incidents.
- Only the supervisors of the recipients of the sub-incidents can see the collaborative
incidents (default).NOTE: When you forward or transfer a collaborative incident that is only visible to supervisors, only the sub-incidents are forwarded or transferred.
For example, you have a collaborative incident CI with two sub-incidents SI-1 and SI-2. If you send CI to User-X, User-X will only see incidents SI-1 and SI-2. If User-X has a supervisor, the supervisor will only see CI, and not the sub-incidents.CAUTION:If the recipients of the sub-incidents have no supervisors, then no one can see the collaborative incidents.
- Only selected users can see the collaborative incident.
- Click Apply.
Click the Triggers tab, and configure the rules that Genetec Mission
Control™ applies to identify and trigger this type
NOTE: If no trigger is defined, you must set Allow manual trigger to ON.
- Click the Workflow tab, and configure the workflow that defines the life cycle of the incident.