You can export all details and attached entities related to an incident to a folder (or zip file) in order to share it with other parties. The export can be issued from any Security Desk task that displays incidents.
Exported incidents are stored in the Vault, at the same location as your snapshots and exported video files. For information on how to set up the Vault, see Video options in Security Desk.
What you should know
Tip: You can change the Export default settings in the Incident monitoring task.
Do one of the following:
The Export incident dialog box appears.
- In either the Incident monitoring or Incident report task, right-click an incident in the list or on the map, and then click Export incident.
- In either the Incident monitoring or Incident report task, click an incident in the list or on the map, and then in the dashboard, click Actions () and click Export incident.
- In the Monitoring task, click a tile that displays an incident, and then in the dashboard, click Actions () and click Export incident.
Configure the export settings.
- Name of the incident export folder. This folder contains all the documents associated to the incident (PDF, XML, video sequences, snapshots, and so on). By default, the folder name is the incident type followed by the incident ID.
- Additional export format
- (Default) All incident details displayed in the dashboard are saved to an XML document. The XML document is used for data mining by third party applications.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and PDF document.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and HTML document.
- Compress output
- Saves the incident export folder to the Vault as a zip file (Default = No).
- Delete intermediary file(s)
- Deletes the export folder and everything in it after the export is completed, and only keep the zip file (Default = No).
- Encrypt files
- Protects the zip file with a password (Default = No). If your zip file is password protected, you need to enter the password every time you open a file contained in the incident export folder.
- Export current map view
- Includes a snapshot (JPG) of the current map view in the incident export folder (Default = Yes). This option is not available if the export is issued from the Monitoring task.
- Export event snapshots
- Includes a snapshot (JPG) of every camera associated to the events linked to the incident (Default = Yes). The snapshot is taken at the time the event occurred. A linked event can be the event that triggered the incident, or any event that is aggregated to the incident through the incident workflow.
- Export video for aggregated events
- Exports the video from cameras attached
to the events aggregated to the incident (Default = Yes). You can configure
the following options:
- Playback offset
- When you view an event in a tile, this value determines how many seconds of video is played before the event occurred. The default playback offset value is 60 seconds. You can set the value from 0 to 120 seconds
- This value determines the length of the exported video.
- File format
- Specify the desired file format for the export.
- Export related videos
- This option appears if there are cameras directly attached to the incident (Default = Yes). You can adjust the date, time, and duration of each attached video sequence. The controls are the same as when you export video. For more information, see Exporting video.
- Click Export.
An incident export package (folder or zip file) is added to the Vault.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.