As the Genetec Mission Control™ incident owner, you must follow a predefined sequence of steps, called the standard operating procedure (SOP). The SOP guides your response to the incident and helps with the traceability and auditability of your actions.
If the incident belongs to another user, you must first take ownership of the incident before you can complete any step in the SOP. If the incident has no owner, completing a step in the SOP automatically makes you the owner of the incident.
Before you begin
When a procedure is associated to an incident, you will see in the dashboard, the Procedure section immediately after the Overview section.
What you should know
There are two types of SOPs:
- Simple SOP
- A simple incident procedure (or simple SOP) is an ordered list of steps that do not involve multiple-choice questions.
- Dynamic SOP
- A dynamic incident procedure (or dynamic SOP) is a standard
operating procedure where the step sequence depends on the response provided by the
operator at each step. The dynamic SOP is represented by a flowchart in Config
You must complete all the steps found in the SOP in the prescribed order before you can change the state of the incident to Resolved, unless your system administrator has configured differently.
NOTE: If you skip a step, your supervisor will immediately be notified by the system.
In the Incident monitoring task, click the incident you want to
work on (in the list or on the map).
The incident details are displayed in the dashboard.
Sometimes, additional information is available to help you complete a step. If this is
the case, do one of the following:
- Simple SOP: Click View document () to open the support document.
- Dynamic SOP: Click the link immediately below the step instruction to view the support document.
Complete a step by doing one of the following:
- Simple SOP: Select the checkbox beside the step name. If a comment is required for that step, enter your comment in the text box that opens and click OK.
- Dynamic SOP: Click the appropriate response button. If a comment is required, you must provide the comment before you can select a response. If you want to provide a comment when no comment is required, you must click and enter your comment before clicking any response button.
- (For Simple SOP) If for some reason you cannot complete a step and the system prevents you from going further, click Skip beside the step name, and provide the reason why you cannot complete the step.
(For Dynamic SOP) Click the Procedure section heading to expand
the section to fill the entire dashboard.
In this mode, you can see the elapsed time and the cumulative time taken for each step.
- Continue with the next step from the list.
After you have completed all the steps, you can change the incident state to Resolved.