To upgrade your Security Center system to a collaborative decision management system, you must install Genetec Mission Control™ on all Security Center servers and workstations.
Before you begin
- Read the Genetec Mission Control™ Release Notes for known issues, supported upgrade paths, system requirements, and other information about the release. Click here for the most recent version of the release notes.
- Ensure that a supported version of Security Center is installed before installing Genetec Mission Control™.
- Get the Genetec Mission Control™ installation package from your representative of Genetec Inc.
- Double-click setup.exe to launch the Genetec Mission Control™ Installer.
On the Choose Setup Language page, select either English or French
and click Next.
The Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard page appears.
- On the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard page, click the links to read Genetec Mission Control™documentation in PDF format, and then click Next.
- On the License Agreement page, read the terms in the Genetec™ Software License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
On the Setup Type page, choose a setup:
- This option installs both Genetec Mission Control™ and RabbitMQ on a Security Center server. However, if you only have Security Center Client is installed, choosing this option only installs Genetec Mission Control™.
- This option opens the Custom Setup page. On that page, you can
choose to install Genetec Mission
Control™ or RabbitMQ
individually.IMPORTANT: By choosing to install RabbitMQ, you install the latest version. However, Genetec Mission Control™ also supports earlier versions. If you have other products that require an earlier version of RabbitMQ installed on the same machine, such as Sipelia™ 2.5 and earlier, you must select the Advanced option, and clear the RabbitMQ Server option on the next page.
On the Custom Setup page, select the software you want to
A custom install is useful when you want to install one of the applications, such as RabbitMQ, on another server for high availability.
- Mission Control
- Must be installed on all servers hosting the Directory role or the Incident Manager role, and all client workstations.
- RabbitMQ Server
- Can be installed on any server, not necessarily a Security Center server. If RabbitMQ is already installed on this machine for another product, clear this option. Genetec Mission Control™ is also compatible with older versions of RabbitMQ.
- Click Next or Install.
If you chose to install RabbitMQ, the RabbitMQ Configuration page
opens. On this page, enter the following:
NOTE: The Incident Manager role can only connect to RabbitMQ using the SSL port. Using the non-SSL port results in a failed connection. Refer to Modifying RabbitMQ ports for instructions on modifying the port assignment.
- Username and Password
- Credentials used by the Incident Manager to connect to the RabbitMQ server.
- Port to use for secure connection (SSL)
- Communication port for connections between Security Center applications and the RabbitMQ server. The default port is 5671.
- Click Install.
- If you have not elected to restart the Genetec™ Server service as part of the installation, restart it after the installation has been completed.