To make sure no incidents are overlooked, you can set up reminders that are displayed in the notification tray of all incident recipients at regular intervals for as long as the incidents are not yet closed.
You must have the Add incident reminders privilege to configure reminders in the Incident monitoring task. Only one reminder can be configured per incident. If a reminder has already been configured for an incident, you can change or remove it if you have the Modify/delete reminders privilege. Reminders can also be configured in the incident workflow so reminders are always added under the same conditions without human intervention. Incidents with a reminder configured are flagged with a bell () icon in the incident list.
What you should know
To add a reminder to an incident:
In the Incident monitoring task, right-click an incident, and then
click Add a reminder.
If someone else is the owner of the incident, you must first take ownership of the incident.The dialog box for configuring the reminder appears.
Configure the desired reminder settings and click Save.
A Reminder section is added to the incident dashboard.
- When and how often the reminder notification is displayed throughout the life of the incident. Select one of the following:
- Once at the specified time.
- Every minute
- Every minute.
- At a specified minute of every hour.
- At a specified time every day.
- At a specified day and time every week.
- On startup
- At a regular time interval in days, hours, and minutes, starting from the time the reminder is created.
- Display a specific message
- Text message to be displayed with the incident reminder.
- Trigger incident
- Incident type to trigger every time the reminder is displayed.
To modify or delete an incident reminder:
Do one of the following:
- Right-click an incident, and then click Modify the reminder or Delete the reminder.
- In the dashboard, click the three vertical dots beside the Reminder section, and then click Modify the reminder or Delete the reminder.
If the incident had no owner, you automatically become the incident owner after adding the reminder.
If you have a door malfunction incident, and the repair is going to take several days, you can set up a daily reminder that triggers a door inspection incident to remind yourself to expect a status report from the maintenance personnel every day. You can set the door inspection incident to trigger a reminder every day at 3:00 pm. You can close the door inspection incident when you receive the report from the maintenance personnel. You can close the door malfunction incident when the door is repaired, ending the daily door inspection reminders.