As a supervisor, you can assign profiles to your operators to help you distribute evenly the incident monitoring workload among your staff.
Before you begin
- You must be logged on as an incident supervisor.
- Your must have activated profiles configured for the operators you supervise.
- Your supervisees must be connected to the system through Security Desk.
Profiles can be automatically assigned by the system if you turn on the auto-assignment feature.
What you should know
In the Incident monitoring task, click
The Profile assignment manager dialog box opens and lists the operators who are under your supervision.
Select a user to see their current profile assignments. Use the
Search box if necessary.
Any one of the following could happen:
- No profile is defined for that user. Therefore, you cannot assign anything to that user.
- The user is not connected to the system. Therefore, you cannot assign anything to that user.
- The user is logged on and has profiles defined. Their current profile assignments
To change a profile assignment, do one of the following:
The change is applied immediately and is logged in the profile report.
- If the profile is auto-assigned, click Force assignment to change the auto-assignment into a permanent assignment. If the same profile is auto-assigned to other users, their auto-assignments are released.
- If the profile is permanently assigned, clear the checkbox to release the permanent assignment. If this results in the profile not being assigned to anyone, and if Auto-assign mode is turned on, the profile becomes auto-assigned.
- If the profile is not assigned, click the checkbox to permanently assign the profile. This action does not release the permanent assignment of this profile from other users.