To ensure coordination among security personnel, only one user can be in charge of a Genetec Mission Control™ incident at any given time. This person is called the incident owner. Observers can help the incident owner by adding related information to the incident, but only the incident owner can update the incident properties and state. Incident ownership can be transferred between users several times during the lifespan of an incident.
Actions that require incident ownershipOnly the incident owner can perform the following actions:
- Change the incident properties.
- Change the incident state.
- Follow the incident standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Attach related entities to the incident.
- Forward the incident to other users to expand its visibility.
- Release your incident ownership and allow another user to take ownership.
- Transfer your incident ownership to another user.
Privileged users can also forcibly take incident ownership from you.
Actions that do not require incident ownershipBoth observers and incident owners can perform the following actions:
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages. If using Internet Explorer, the video might not display. To fix this, open the Compatibility View Settings and clear Display intranet sites in Compatibility View.