For every type of situation that requires your security team's intervention, you can define a Genetec Mission Control™ incident. An incident type is an entity that represents a situation that requires specific actions to resolve it. The incident type entity can also be used to automate the incident detection in Mission Control and to enforce the standard operating procedures that your security team must follow.
Before you begin
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the Incident configuration task.
- Click the Incident configuration view (if not selected).
- (Optional) Select or create an incident category.
- Click Incident, and enter the name of the incident type.
In the Identity page, configure the appearance of the incidents on maps (Icon and Color).
Genetec Mission Control™ entities share the same set of custom icons. You can use any PNG or JPG file as an icon. A PNG file with transparent background works best.
- Click .
- In the Properties page, configure the General properties and the Response and resolution time properties as required.
- Click .
In the Recipients page, configure to whom
incidents of this type should be dispatched.
You have two options:
- Dispatch the incidents to everyone (default).
- Dispatch the incidents to selected recipients.
- Click Apply.
Click the Triggers tab, and configure the rules that Genetec Mission
Control™ applies to identify and trigger this type
NOTE: If no trigger is defined, you must set Allow manual trigger to ON.
- Click the Workflow tab, and configure the workflow that defines the life cycle of the incident.
- Click the Procedure tab, and configure the standard operating procedure (SOP) that the operator must follow before resolving the incident.