If you need to add custom incident priorities and states, or change the incident state transition rules in your system, you can do so by configuring the Incident Manager role settings in Genetec Mission Control™.
What you should know
- From the Config Tool home page, open the System task, and click the Roles view.
- Select the Incident Manager role, and click the Resources tab.
(Optional) Add secondary servers to the Incident Manager role to support
For more information, see Setting up role failover.
Configure the Incident
The default database name is IncidentManagement. This database is used to store the configurations for the incident types and categories, and the incident activity trails.NOTE: The settings and incident icons of the Incident Manager role are stored in the Directory database.
Click the Properties tab, and configure the general incident
- Retention period
- Specify how long you want to keep incidents in the system after they are closed. This value can be individually defined for each incident type.
- You can add custom values to the predefined incident priorities: Low, Medium, High, and Critical. Use the arrow buttons to change the order of the priorities. You cannot rename or delete the predefined priorities.
Click Show advanced options, and configure the advanced incident
- Auto-assign mode
- Turn this option on (default=off) to let the system automatically assign incident management profiles to users as soon as they log on.
- RabbitMQ is the messaging software used by Genetec Mission Control™ and other Security Center components. The RabbitMQ server runs on your main server by default. If your RabbitMQ server runs on a different server or uses different logon parameters, change them here. If you have set up RabbitMQ failover, add the IP address of all your RabbitMQ servers here.
- Document management
- You must configure the document location before you can add support documents for
- Document API port
- Port (default=8083) used by the role to upload and download web documents.
- Document location
- Path to the Genetec Mission Control™ document library folder (\MCLibrary) on the server hosting the Incident Manager role. If you are setting up role failover, you must enter a network path that is accessible from all servers assigned to the role.
- Open document trash folder
- The Trash folder () button is enabled only if you have deleted documents from your library. For auditing purposes, the system never deletes your documents. Documents that you replace or delete from the library are moved to the trash folder (\MCLibrary\Trash). If the document library uses a local folder on the Incident Manager server, you can only open the trash folder if you are running Config Tool on that server.
- Click Apply.
- Click the States tab, configure the incident states, and click Apply.
- Click the Events tab, specify the Security Center event types that will be processed by Genetec Mission Control™, and click Apply.
- If RabbitMQ is not installed on the same server as the Incident Manager role, copy the RabbitMQ certificates to the Incident Manager server.