You can personalize the default options for Genetec Mission Control™ incident monitoring and export them using the Incident monitoring task.
Your personalized default incident management options are saved with your user profile.
What you should know
- From the Security Desk home page, open the Incident monitoring task.
In the toolbar, click Settings (), and then click
The Incident options dialog box appears.
Change the default settings and click Apply.
- Incident monitoring
- The following options apply to incident monitoring.
- Minimum priority in notification tray
- Select the minimum priority required for a newly received incident to be displayed in the notification tray when no Incident monitoring task is open (Default = Low).
- Notification tray alert
- Select this option if you want the a pop-up window showing the active incident list to appear automatically every time a new incident is received, and no Incident monitoring task is open. By default, you must click on the incident icon () in the notification tray to display the pop-up window.
- Synchronize incident monitoring tasks
- Select this option to synchronize all Incident
monitoring tasks on the selected incident and monitoring filter.
By default, this option is enabled. This feature is useful on multi-screen
setups where one monitor only displays the incident list and another only
displays the map. NOTE: For a change in this setting to take affect, you must restart Security Desk.
- Show all incidents on default map
- Select this option to display all incidents on the default map (Default = On). For this option to work, your default map must be georeferenced and your incidents must be associated to a georeferenced map. If this option is turned off, incidents are displayed on the map that is attached to their location (area).
- Initial map zoom level for selected incidents
- Specify a zoom level between 0 (no zoom) and 100 (full zoom) that is applied to the map when selecting an incident in Incident monitoring (Default = 100).
- Dashboard font size
- Specify a font size
10 and 18 points for the incident dashboard (Default = 12).
This setting affects the dashboard in the Incident
monitoring and Incident report
tasks.NOTE: After changing this setting, you must restart Security Desk before the change will take effect.
- When opening an incident in Monitoring
- The following options apply when you double-click an incident to open it in a new
- Append map to incident content
- Displays the map with the incident in a tile (Default = On).
- Automatically change incident state
- Automatically changes the incident state to In progress if the incident is new (Default = On).
- Hide area view
- Hides the area view (left pane) in the Monitoring task (Default = On).
- Always use screen ID
- Opens the Monitoring task in the screen with the specified ID (Default = Off). When turned off, the Monitoring task is opened in the first screen that does not have an Incident monitoring task open.
- Export settings
- The following are the default settings for exporting incidents.
- Export current map view
- Includes a snapshot (JPG) of the current map view in the incident export folder (Default = Yes). This option is not available if the export is issued from the Monitoring task.
- Export event snapshots
- Includes a snapshot (JPG) of every camera associated to the events linked to the incident (Default = Yes). The snapshot is taken at the time the event occurred. A linked event can be the event that triggered the incident, or any event that is aggregated to the incident through the incident workflow.
- Export video for aggregated events
- Exports the video from cameras attached to the events aggregated to the incident (Default = Yes).
- Export related videos
- Exports the video from cameras directly attached to the incident (Default = Yes).
- Compress output
- Saves the incident export folder to the Vault as a zip file (Default = No).
- Delete intermediary file(s)
- Deletes the export folder and everything in it after the export is completed, and only keep the zip file (Default = No).
- Additional export format
- (Default) All incident details displayed in the dashboard are saved to an XML document. The XML document is used for data mining by third party applications.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and PDF document.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and HTML document.
- Playback offset
- Default playback offset (Default = 60 seconds).
- Default playback duration (Default = 5 minutes).