To ensure that no incidents are overlooked, you can set up reminders that appear in the notification tray of all incident recipients at regular intervals until the incidents are closed.
What you should know
- You must have the Add incident reminders privilege to configure reminders in the Incident monitoring task.
- Incidents with a reminder configured are flagged with a bell () icon in the incident list.
- Only one reminder can be configured per incident.
- To add an incident reminder, you must have incident ownership or the incident must have no owner.
- If you have the Modify/delete reminders privilege, you can modify or delete a reminder that has already been configured.
- Reminders can also be configured in the incident workflow so that they are always automatically added under the same conditions.
To add a reminder to an incident:
In the Incident monitoring task, right-click an incident and then
click Add a reminder.
If someone else is the owner of the incident, you must first take ownership of the incident.The Configure a reminder dialog box opens.
Configure the desired reminder settings:
- The interval at which the reminder notification is displayed throughout the life of the incident. Select one of the following:
- Once at the specified time.
- Every minute
- Every minute.
- At a specified minute of every hour.
- At a specified time every day.
- At a specified day and time every week.
- On startup
- At a regular time interval in days, hours, and minutes, starting from the time the reminder is created.
- Display a specific message
- Display a text message with the incident reminder.
- Trigger incident
- Incident type to trigger every time the reminder is displayed.
A Reminder section is added to the incident details pane.
To modify or delete an incident reminder:
Do one of the following:
- Right-click an incident, and then click Modify the reminder or Delete the reminder.
- In the incident details pane, click the three vertical dots beside the Reminder section, and then click Modify the reminder or Delete the reminder.
You can set the door inspection incident to trigger a reminder every day at 3:00 pm. You can close the door inspection incident when you receive the report from the maintenance personnel. You can close the door malfunction incident when the door is repaired, ending the daily door inspection reminders.