As the Genetec Mission Control™ incident owner, you can attach entities that add information to the incident you are resolving, such as a camera to show the incident at a different angle, or a cardholder to show the picture of a person.
Before you begin
To attach entities to an incident:
In the Incident monitoring task, click the incident you want to
You can click in the list or on the map.The incident details are displayed in the incident details pane.
In the incident details pane, click Related entities.
The related entities are divided into two groups:
- Source entities
- Source entities are automatically linked to the incident through either the location (area) of the incident, or the entity that triggered the incident.
- Attached entities
- Attached entities must be manually linked to the incident.
At the bottom of the Attached entities section, click
Add an item ().
If you are viewing the incident in the Monitoring task, you can drag the entity from the area view to the list of attached entities.
- In the dialog box that opens, select the entities you want to attach.
The entities are now attached to the incident. The number entities attached is displayed in the Related entities section header in the incident details pane. Double-click the incident to display the attached entities in the tiles of a Monitoring task.
To remove entities attached to an incident:
- Select the desired incident from the list in the Incident monitoring task.
- In the incident details pane, click Related entities.
- Select the desired entity in the Attached entities section and click Remove the item ().
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.