You can export all details and attached entities related to an incident to a folder or a .zip file in order to share it with other parties. The export can be issued from any Security Desk task that displays incidents.
What you should know
Do one of the following:
The Export incident dialog box appears.
- In either the Incident monitoring or Incident report task, right-click an incident in the list or on the map, and then click Export incident.
- In either the Incident monitoring or Incident report task, click an incident in the list or on the map, and then in the incident details pane, click Actions () and click Export incident.
- In the Monitoring task, click a tile that displays an incident, and then in the incident details pane, click Actions () and click Export incident.
Configure the export settings as needed:
- Name of the incident export folder. This folder contains all the documents associated to the incident: PDF, XML, video, snapshots, and so on. By default, the folder name is the incident type followed by the incident ID.
- Additional export format
- (Default) All incident details displayed in the incident details pane are saved to an XML document. The XML document is used for data mining by third-party applications.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and PDF document.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and HTML document.
- Compress output
- Save the incident export folder to the Vault as a
.zip file. By default, this option is cleared.
- Delete intermediary file(s)
- Delete the export folder after the export is completed, and only keep the .zip file. By default, this option is cleared.
- Encrypt files
- Protect the .zip file with a password. By default, this option is cleared. If your .zip file is password-protected, you must enter the password every time you open a file contained in the incident export folder.
- Export current map view
- Include a .jpg snapshot of the current map view in the incident export folder. By default, this option is selected. This option is not available if the export is issued from the Monitoring task or the map mode in the Incident report task.
- Export event snapshots
- Include a .jpg snapshot of every camera associated to the events linked to the incident. By default, this option is selected. The snapshot is taken when the event occurs. A linked event can be the event that triggered the incident, or any event that is aggregated to the incident through the incident automation workflow.
- Export video for aggregated events
- Export the video from cameras attached
to the events aggregated to the incident. By default, this option is
selected. You can configure the following options:
- Playback offset
- Duration of video, in seconds, shown leading up to an event when you view an event in a tile. The default playback offset value is 60 seconds. You can set the value to 0 - 120 seconds.
- Length of the exported video.
- File format
- File format for the export.
- Export related videos
- This option appears if there are cameras directly attached to the incident. By default, this option is selected. You can adjust the date, time, and duration of each attached video sequence. The controls are the same as when you export video. For more information, see Exporting video.
- Click Export.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.