As the Genetec Mission Control™ incident owner, you must follow a predefined sequence of steps called the standard operating procedure (SOP). The SOP guides your response to the incident and helps with the traceability and auditability of your actions.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Simple SOP
- A simple user procedure (or simple SOP) is an ordered list of steps that do not involve multiple-choice questions.
- Dynamic SOP
- A dynamic user procedure (or dynamic SOP) is a standard
operating procedure where the step sequence depends on the response provided by the
operator at each step. The dynamic SOP is represented by a flowchart in Config
You must complete all the steps found in the SOP in the prescribed order before you can change the state of the incident to Resolved, unless your system administrator has configured differently.
In the Incident monitoring task, click the incident you want to
You can click in the list or on the map.The incident details are displayed in the incident details pane.
If additional information is available to help you complete a step, do one of the
- Simple SOP: Click View document () to open the support document.
- Dynamic SOP:
- Supporting documents
- Click the link below the step instruction to view the support document.
- Custom actions
- If the dynamic user procedure steps includes custom actions such as a button to make a Sipelia™ call, click the button to perform the action.
Complete a step by doing one of the following:
NOTE: If the dynamic SOP is configured for the system to auto-select step options, then user input is not required. If you click Back in the dynamic user procedure, the system will take you back to the last step that was answered by you.
- Simple SOP: Select the checkbox beside the step name. If a comment is required, enter a comment in the text box that opens and click OK.
- Dynamic SOP: Click the appropriate response button. If a comment is required, you
must enter a comment before you can select a response. If you want to provide a comment
when no comment is required, click Add comment and enter your
comment before clicking any response button.NOTE: You can set up keyboard shortcuts for the dynamic SOP step options from the home page under . The keyboard shortcuts are mapped based on the options configured in the dynamic SOP step:
- Done: Shortcut configured for Select dynamic SOP step option 1.
- Yes: Shortcut configured for Select dynamic SOP step option 1.
- No: Shortcut configured for Select dynamic SOP step option 2.
- Custom: Shortcuts configured for Select dynamic SOP step option 1 to Select dynamic SOP step option 10 in the order of the custom options configured.
For more information, see Customizing keyboard shortcuts
- (For simple SOP) If you cannot complete a step and the system prevents you from advancing, click Skip beside the step name and provide the reason why you cannot complete the step.
(For dynamic SOP) Click the User procedure section heading to expand
the section to fill the entire incident details pane.
In this mode, you can see the elapsed time and the cumulative time taken for each step.
- Continue with the next step from the list.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.