You can manage your view of an incident and its associated details in the Genetec Mission Control™ Incident monitoring task. You can change the settings for notification tray alerts, automatically change incident states, select the details you want to include when exporting incidents, and more.
What you should know
In the Incident monitoring task toolbar, click
Settings (), and then click Options.
The Incident options dialog box opens.
Modify the following settings as needed, and then click
In the Incident monitoring section, configure the following
- Minimum priority in notification tray
- Select the minimum priority required for a newly received incident to be displayed in the notification tray, when no Incident monitoring task is open. By default, the minimum priority selected is Low.
- Notification tray alert
- Select this option to automatically open the active incident list window whenever a new incident is received and no Incident monitoring task is open. By default, you must click the incident icon () in the notification tray to display the window.
- Synchronize incident monitoring tasks
- Select this option to synchronize all Incident monitoring
tasks on the selected incident and monitoring filter. By default, this option is
selected. This feature is useful on multi-screen setups where the incident list
and map each have dedicated monitors.You can also select one or a combination of the following options:
NOTE: All new tasks and any saved tasks opened after making the selection will use the selected views for display.
- Synchronize incident selection
- Select this option to display the details of the same incident across all screens. Incident is displayed if available in the incident list or map and is not filtered out by any other criteria.
- Synchronize view filter
- Select this option to apply the same monitoring filter across all screens.
- Synchronize column view (sorting, grouping, column setup)
- Select this option to apply the same selection of columns, sorting and incident grouping across all screens.
- Show all incidents on default map
- Select this option to display all incidents on the default map. By default, this option is selected. For this option to work, your default map must be georeferenced and your incidents must be associated to a georeferenced map. If this option is turned off, incidents are displayed on the map that is attached to their location (area).
- Initial map zoom level for selected incidents
- Specify a zoom level from 0 (no zoom) - 100 (full zoom) that is applied to the map when selecting an incident in the Incident monitoring task (default = 100).
- Incident details pane font size
- Specify a font size from 10 - 18 for the incident details pane (default = 12) in the Incident monitoring and Incident report tasks.
In the When opening an incident in Monitoring section,
configure the following options:
- Append map to incident content
- Displays the map with the incident in a tile. By default, this option is selected.
- Automatically change incident state
- Automatically changes the incident state to In progress if the incident is new. By default, this option is selected.
- Hide area view
- Hides the area view displayed on the left pane in the Monitoring task. By default, this option is selected.
- Always use screen ID
- Opens the Monitoring task in the screen with the specified ID. By default, this option is cleared. When turned off, the Monitoring task is opened in the first screen that does not have an Incident monitoring task open.
In the Export settings section, configure the following
options for exporting
- Export current map view
- Include a .jpg snapshot of the current map view in the incident export folder. By default, this option is selected. This option is not available if the export is issued from the Monitoring task or the map mode in the Incident report task.
- Export event snapshots
- Include a .jpg snapshot of every camera associated to the events linked to the incident. By default, this option is selected. The snapshot is taken when the event occurs. A linked event can be the event that triggered the incident, or any event that is aggregated to the incident through the incident automation workflow.
- Export video for aggregated events
- Export the video from cameras attached to the events aggregated to the incident. By default, this option is selected.
- Export related videos
- Exports the video from cameras directly attached to the incident. By default, this option is selected.
- Compress output
- Save the incident export folder to the Vault as a
.zip file. By default, this option is cleared.
- Delete intermediary file(s)
- Delete the export folder after the export is completed, and only keep the .zip file. By default, this option is cleared.
- Additional export format
- (Default) All incident details displayed in the incident details pane are saved to an XML document. The XML document is used for data mining by third-party applications.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and PDF document.
- Incident details are saved to both an XML document and HTML document.
- Playback offset
- Default playback offset (default = 60 seconds).
- Default playback duration (default = 5 minutes).
- In the Incident details pane section, select list of widgets and configure the order in which you want to display them in the Incident details pane.
- In the Incident monitoring section, configure the following options: