To focus on the most important incidents, you can filter the incident list in the Incident monitoring task.
What you should know
To set up an incident filter:
In the Incident monitoring task toolbar, click
The dialog box for filter setup opens.
Configure the desired filtering criteria:
- Filter the incident by users or user groups.
- Show all incidents that you have permission to view because you are the owner, the recipient, or the supervisor.
- Owned by me
- Show only incidents that you have ownership of.
- Dispatched to me
- (Only if you are a supervisor) Only show incidents that you are a direct recipient of. This includes incidents that someone has forwarded or transferred to you and incidents for which your profile is configured to be a recipient.
- Supervised by me
- (Only if you are a supervisor) Only show incidents that you are the supervisor of.
- Dispatched to
- Only show incidents that have been dispatched to specific users or user groups. This option is only available to users who have the privilege to supervise the work of other users.
- Show only incidents that match one of the selected incident types and categories.
- Show only incidents that match one of the selected incident states.
- Show only incidents that match one of the selected locations (areas).
- Show only incidents that match one of the selected incident priorities.
- Trigger time
- Show only incidents that were triggered within the selected time range.
In the toolbar area, the number of configured filters is indicated beside the icon. The message X/Y active incidents is displayed, indicating that there are X incidents matching the filters you set, out of a total of Y active incidents.
To save your filter to a filter template:
Click Filter (), and then click .
The Filter templates dialog box opens.
Do one of the following:
- Click the name of an existing template to replace it.
- Enter a name to create a template.
- Select Public templates if you want all users to be able to use your template.
- Click Save.
To load a filter from a template:
, and then click a template name.You must have the Edit incident filter templates privilege to save your Genetec Mission Control™ incident filters to either private or public filter templates.
To remove the current filter:
- Click Filter (), and then click Clear.
Watch this video to learn more. Click the Captions icon (CC) to turn on video captions in one of the available languages.