You can export all details and attached entities related to an incident to Genetec Clearance™ to share it with other parties. The export can be issued from the Incident report task for incidents that are closed.
Ensure you have the Send evidence to Clearance privilege configured to export incidents to Clearance.
Before you begin
NOTE: Incidents can be exported only when using the Genetec Clearance Plugin version 3.5.16 or later.
Export incidents to new or existing cases in Clearance along with the PDF of your incident report, and the exported video files.
What you should know
In the Incident report task, generate the required report and
select a closed incident from the list and click Export incident to
The Export incident to Clearance dialog box appears.
Configure the export to Clearance. Choose one of the following:
- Create new case
- Case name
- By default it is the incident name followed by its unique ID.
- The department within your organization that is responsible for the case. You can only select one department per case. For example, for a theft case, you can assign the case to the Loss Prevention Department.
- The type of incident. For example, you can categorize thefts as being either employee theft or shoplifting. You can only select one category per case.
- Incident start time
- By default this is the incident trigger time but can be modified.
- Incident number
- Unique incident ID.
- Record number
- A reference number for the case.
- A description of the case. Be descriptive so that others can easily find your case when searching for cases.
- Select existing case
- Search field
- Type keywords for the existing case and click on . Select the case from the search result.
- Case validation
- Displays a message informing you whether you have the required privileges to update an existing case.
- Create new case
Configure Export video:
- Playback offset
- Duration of video, in seconds, shown leading up to an event when you view an event in a tile. The default playback offset value is 60 seconds. You can set the value to 0 - 120 seconds.
- Length of the exported video.
- Click Export.