The Genetec Patroller™ database options are configured on the General page of Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- Go to the General page.
- Beside SQL server, select the address and name of the SQL server.
- In the Database name field, you
can leave the default database name, or change it if desired.
You can change this name at any time to create a new database.
- Beside Use Windows authentication,
do one of the following:
NOTE: Your username and password are part of the database Connection String.
- Turn this setting on to use your Windows credentials to connect to the database.
- Turn this setting off to use the specific User ID and Password you specified during Genetec Patroller™ installation to connect to the database.
- In the User id field, enter the User ID to connect to the Genetec Patroller™ database. This User ID was entered during Genetec Patroller™ installation.
- In the Password field, enter the password to connect to the Genetec Patroller™ database. This password was entered during Genetec Patroller™ installation.
- Click Advanced to configure the
- Max logout
- Set the amount of time (in hours) that a user can be logged out and still resume their shift when logging back on. When this period has elapsed, or if a different user logs on, the system sees this as the start of a new shift and the data presented to the user reflects that. A value of 0 deactivates this feature, meaning that a new shift begins any time a user logs in. The default logout time is 4 hours.
- Store reads for
- Set the amount of time that reads are stored in the Genetec Patroller™ database. Reads older than this value are deleted from the database at the start of the next shift. The default storage time is 96 hours.
- Store hits for
- Set the amount of time that hits are stored in the database. Hits older than this value are deleted from the database at the start of the next shift. The default storage time is 120 hours.
- Record search
- Set the amount of time that records (reads or hits) are searchable by the Genetec Patroller™ user. Records older than this value will no longer be searchable at the start of the next shift. The default search time is 48 hours.
- Record display
- Set the amount of time that a record can be displayed. The default time is 12 hours.
- Folder path
- Click browse or type the folder path where the system stores the ALPR
images, context images, and wheel images associated with overtime
enforcement. The default location is C:\Program Files
(x86)\Genetec AutoVu 6.5\Data.WARNING: License plate read images are now stored directly on the file system. Image files are not encrypted because SQL Server Express does not support FILESTREAM encryption. You can manage access to the image folder using NTFS or a device encryption solution such as BitLocker.IMPORTANT:
- Ensure that the disk has enough free space to store the database and license plate read images according to the retention period.
- If you change the folder path, ensure that the new folder has read-write access authorization.
- Offload query timeout
- Define the timeout duration for the offload queries. The default timeout is 1800 seconds.
- Connection string
- The string to connect to the Genetec Patroller™ database.
You shouldn’t need to configure this option since SQL is installed automatically, or an existing SQL instance is used when you install Genetec Patroller™.
If you selected SQL Server and Windows Authentication (mixed mode) when you installed Genetec Patroller™, you can see the User ID and Password you selected in this string.
- Click Test connection, to test the connection to the Genetec Patroller™ database with the options selected.
- Click Apply.