To use overtime rules in City and University parking enforcement, you need to enable overtime and configure the overtime settings in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
Turn on Use overtime, then configure the following:
- Auto accept overtime hits
- Turn this on if you want Genetec
Patroller™ to accept overtime hits with
no user action. After the patrol vehicle has passed through the parking
area, the operator can then review and enforce the hits.NOTE: With this feature enabled, the operator cannot manually edit the plate read before it is accepted.
User workflow: Hit raised > Hit is verified against updated permit list > User enforces hit > Hit enforced
- Bypass overtime hit enforcement
- Turn this off if you want Genetec
Patroller™ users to indicate whether or
not they enforced the hit after accepting it. Turn it on to bypass
enforcement. When turned on, Genetec
Patroller™ automatically enforces hits
after they are accepted.
User workflow: Hit raised > User accepts hit > Hit enforced
- Auto enforce overtime hits
- Turn this on for Genetec
Patroller™ to run in unattended mode.
Hits are automatically accepted and enforced without requiring user
interaction. Hit accept and hit reject surveys are ignored when this
option is enabled.NOTE: The two operator functions (accepting and enforcing hits) are linked when you enable this setting.
User workflow: Hit raised > Hit enforced
- Apply overtime rule to permit holders
- Turn this on for locations where parking access can be bought for a limited period. In this configuration, if a plate is read once and is not on the selected permit list, a hit will be generated. However, if it is on the list, no hit will be generated on the first read. The second read will determine if the time limit is exceeded and if a hit is generated. If this option is disabled, permit holders do not generate violations.
The Advanced overtime settings window is displayed.
From the Advanced overtime settings window, configure the
- Link read persistence duration
- Enter the amount of time that a plate read stored in the Genetec
Patroller™ database is considered to be a
“time 1” read for a particular overtime rule. NOTE:
- When a vehicle that uses Plate link enters a long term overtime zone, the system requests all reads from the Number of days setting in the Security Center overtime rule. To ensure that the license plate reads are still present in the system when the vehicle operator returns to issue a parking ticket, you must add additional time to the Link read persistence duration. For more information, see Configuring Plate link for long-term overtime.
- When using overtime rules with time range and a link persistence over 24 hours, overtime hit will not raise on different days.
- Minutes to due vehicles
- Enter the amount of time before the vehicles are due for enforcement. This value determines the Show Due functionality in Genetec Patroller™. The default value is 5 minutes.
- Preferred Long Term Overtime zone
- If you have more than one Long Term Overtime zone configured in Security Center, you must type the name of the zone you want Genetec Patroller™ to display, because you can only enforce one zone at a time. This value is not case sensitive.
- Same position tolerance
- This is a buffer used for “Same position” overtime rules. It is the distance that Genetec Patroller™ considers to be a single position or parking space.
- Click Save.
Overtime rules are now enabled and configured in Genetec Patroller™.