If you are using Genetec Patroller™ with the AutoVu™ navigation hardware, you need to configure the related settings in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool. These settings allow you to calibrate and monitor the positioning hardware, and to configure the GNSS antenna.
Before you begin
- Connect your Sharp mobile units to Genetec Patroller™.
- Start up the AutoVu™ base unit and do not turn it off during the procedure.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
Go to Navigation > Equipment.
- From the Equipment type list, select AutoVu™ Navigation.
Turn Use positioning to ON, then
configure the following:
- The navigation hardware auto discovery starts automatically when a Sharp camera is accessible. Click the discovery button to restart the auto discovery if necessary. When a navigation device is discovered, the Layout..., Calibrate... and Monitor... buttons and the Calibration state field appear.
- This button allows you to enter the GNSS antenna and port positions. This operation is necessary to calibrate the navigation hardware. For details, see Configuring the AutoVu navigation equipment layout.
- This button allows you to perform step-by-step odometry and GNSS calibration. For details, see Calibrating Patroller Navigation.
- Click this button to get information about navigation position, malfunctions, and vehicle status.
- If you want to read plates when the patrol vehicle is stopped, turn Read when car is stopped to ON.
If you want to read plates when the patrol vehicle moves in reverse,
turn Read when moving backwards to ON.
NOTE: When doing parking enforcement, patrol vehicles may stop and reverse frequently.
- Specify the Shutdown delay. This delay is the number of seconds to wait after the vehicle’s ignition is turned off before shutting down the in-vehicle computer. To disable this feature, enter “0”.
- Click Apply.