The General settings page allows you to configure basic Genetec Patroller™ options such as the Genetec Patroller™ unit’s name, how users should log on, etc.
Genetec Patroller™ Standalone is not connected to Security Center, therefore for some settings it’s indicated that they are not applicable for Genetec Patroller™ Standalone. These settings do not appear in Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- Patroller name
- Enter the name of the Genetec Patroller™ unit as you want it to be seen in Security Center and Security Desk.
- Logon type (not applicable to Patroller Standalone)
- Select how to log on to Genetec Patroller™.
- SQL Server
- The address and name of the SQL Server.
- Database name
- You can leave the default database name, or change it to whatever you want. You can change this name at any time to create a new database.
- Use Windows authentication
- Turn on this feature if you want Genetec Patroller™ to connect to its database using Windows credentials.
- User ID
- The User ID to connect to the Genetec Patroller™ database. This User ID was entered during Genetec Patroller™ installation.
- The password to connect to the Genetec Patroller™ database. This password was entered during Genetec Patroller™ installation.
- Configure Advanced settings for the Genetec Patroller™ database.
- Max logout
- Set the amount of time (in hours) that a user can be logged out and still resume their shift when logging back on. When this period has elapsed, or if a different user logs on, the system sees this as the start of a new shift and the data presented to the user reflects that. A value of 0 deactivates this feature, meaning that a new shift begins any time a user logs in. The default logout time is 4 hours.
- Store reads for
- Set the amount of time that reads are stored in the Genetec Patroller™ database. Reads older than this value are deleted from the database at the start of the next shift. The default storage time is 96 hours.
- Store hits for
- Set the amount of time that hits are stored in the database. Hits older than this value are deleted from the database at the start of the next shift. The default storage time is 120 hours.
- Record search
- Set the amount of time that records (reads or hits) are searchable by the Genetec Patroller™ user. Records older than this value will no longer be searchable at the start of the next shift. The default search time is 48 hours.
- Record display
- Set the amount of time that a record can be displayed. The default time is 12 hours.
- Folder path
- Click browse or type the folder path where the system stores the ALPR
images, context images, and wheel images associated with overtime
enforcement. The default location is C:\Program Files
(x86)\Genetec AutoVu 6.5\Data.WARNING: License plate read images are now stored directly on the file system. Image files are not encrypted because SQL Server Express does not support FILESTREAM encryption. You can manage access to the image folder using NTFS or a device encryption solution such as BitLocker.IMPORTANT:
- Ensure that the disk has enough free space to store the database and license plate read images according to the retention period.
- If you change the folder path, ensure that the new folder has read-write access authorization.
- Offload query timeout
- Define the timeout duration for the offload queries. The default timeout is 1800 seconds.
- Connection string
- The string to connect to the Genetec Patroller™ database.
- Test connection
- Test the connection to the Genetec Patroller™ database with the options selected.