The Hit export plugin creates an XML file that third-party ticketing systems can use to help automate the issuing of parking citations. When you enforce a permit hit in Genetec Patroller™, an XML file with the permit hit data is saved to the in-vehicle computer. Third-party ticketing systems can then use this XML file to pre-populate the required fields in their parking ticket citations (license plate number, street location, time/date, and so on).
- Clear exported XML files on startup
- Turn on so that when you start Genetec Patroller™, the XML data created by the Hit export plugin is deleted from the in-vehicle computer. When this option is turned off, the XML data created by the Hit export plugin is not deleted automatically on startup. You can delete the data manually if needed.
- Create a different XML file each time
- Turn on to create a different XML file with each use. For more
information on how this affects the filename, see the Name of
the created XML file option. When this option is turned
off, the same XML is overwritten with each use.IMPORTANT: Third-party applications that use the XML file must turn this setting on.
- Name of the created XML file
- Type the filename you want for the XML file. This option only works when the Create a different XML file each time option is turned OFF.
- Where to save the created XML file
- Enter the path on the in-vehicle computer where you want the Hit export XML files to be saved (for example, you could save the files to C:\XMLHitExportfiles). The plugin will create the folder for you the first time this feature is used.
- Name of the XML template file to use
- Type the filename of the XML template you want to use for the XML file.