To share plate read information between patrol vehicles, an AutoVu™ Portal administrator must register the vehicles with the same Plate link account in the portal.
Before you begin
To use this feature, ask your Genetec Inc. representative to add a new account for the city, university, or business that will be using Plate link.
You will receive an email requesting the following information:
- Account name
- Geographical location of the account (country, state/region/province, and city)
- Main contact name
- Main contact phone number
- One or more email addresses that will be used to create administrator accounts. Administrators can register patrol vehicles to use Plate link.
- Make sure Genetec Patroller™ can access the domains *.autovu.com and *.blob.core.windows.net. They might need to be white listed by the network administrator.
What you should know
- Only AutoVu™ Portal administrators can manage users, manage patrol vehicles, and configure the data retention period in the AutoVu™ Portal. To be given administrator privileges in the AutoVu™ Portal, contact your Genetec Inc. representative.
- Plate link is cloud-based service that requires always-on internet connectivity.
- Open Genetec Patroller™ Config Tool.
- Click Register.
Enter the email address associated with your administrator account and click
If your email address has been authorized to register vehicles for more than one
account, select the account from the list and click
When the Plate link registration is complete, the system displays a unique identifier for the patrol vehicle.
Select whether to use Plate link for shared permits or for overtime
Tip: Turning off an enforcement type that does not require shared reads can reduce cellular data usage.
- If you have modified an enforcement type, click Apply.