You can use the Patroller Transfer Tool to transfer reads, hits, and other data between Genetec Patroller™ and Security Center. You must use this tool to transfer files if Genetec Patroller™ is not connected to Security Center by WiFi or cellular.
Before you begin
What you should know
- The tool is available with Genetec
Patroller™ 6.4 and
later and can be launched from C:\Program Files (x86)\Genetec AutoVu
6.X\Tools.NOTE: It is recommended that you copy the Patroller Transfer Tool to a USB media device so that it can be installed on the Security Center server machine.
- The tool transfers the contents of the configured RootFolder (default location:
C:\Genetec\AutoVu\RootFolder\ManualTransfer). The following data is transferred:
- Offload files (including reads and hits)
- Genetec Patroller™ settings and users
- Matcher settings
- Launch the Patroller Transfer Tool.
From the Where is this tool running from? page, select whether you are running
the tool on Genetec
Patroller™ or Security
NOTE: This page is only displayed the first time you run the tool.
The tool guides you through the process of selecting your ALPR Manager root folder (in
Center), selecting your USB media
device, and starting the file transfer.
NOTE: A Security Center system can have more than one ALPR Manager role, and each role has its own root folder. The default location is C:\Genetec\AutoVu.
- When the file transfer is complete, the tool ejects your USB media device.