To make sure your Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge can connect to a secondary server when failover occurs, you must configure a hub on the secondary server.
Before you begin
When failover occurs, the Intrusion Manager role moves to its secondary server and the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge loses its connection with the hub. The Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge then tries to connect to the second hub in its list, which must be the hub located on your secondary server. After the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge connects to the hub on secondary server, it is connected to the Intrusion Manager role on the secondary server as well.
What you should know
- Enable a hub on the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension.
- Log on to the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge web app.
- Select Hubs from the panel on the left side, and click Add.
Enter the following:
- The address of the secondary server.
- The same port used by the hub on the primary server. This is configured in the Hub port field on on the secondary server.
- App key
- Enter an app key for the hub. This is configured in the App key field on on the secondary server.
- Certificate thumbprint
- Leave this field empty so the certificate is assigned automatically when the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge connects to this hub for the first time.
- Click Save.