To monitor and control third-party intrusion panels from Security Center, you must install the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension on a Security Center server and on all client workstations.
Ensure the following:
Before you begin
What you should know
- For information about adding the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension to your Security Center SaaS edition deployment, consult the Security Center SaaS edition Deployment Guide 5.10.
- The Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge and the driver to connect to third-party intrusion panels can be installed alongside the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension.
- The Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol Bridge and driver can be installed on a distinct server, and connect to the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension hub of your intrusion manager primary server. For example, in a Security Center SaaS environment, you would install the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol Bridge and panel driver on a local server within the same network as your intrusion panels. Once installed, you will connect the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol Bridge to the hub of the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension on your hosted system.
- Although it is possible to host the Intrusion Manager role on any Security Center server, it is a best practice to host that role on a dedicated expansion server for best system performance.
- If you already have an Intrusion Manager role set up, install the extension on that server.
- For your operators to have access to the features added by this extension, you must install this extension on all Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- From the Download Finder list, select your version of Security Center.
- Search for your package by name and download it.
Click the downloaded .exe file to unzip it.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Stop the Genetec server, and close Security Desk and Config Tool.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
Follow the installation instructions.
On the Custom Setup page, do one of the following:
- To install the GIP Intrusion Extension, Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge, and driver on the same server, select the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension and Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge for (manufacturer) panels options.
- To install the Genetec™ Intrusion
Bridge and driver on a distinct server, select the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge for (manufacture)
panels option.NOTE: If you install the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge and driver on a distinct server, following the installation process, you must connect the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge to the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension on your main server.
On the Installation Wizard Completed
page, click Finish.
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
If it is not already done, create the Intrusion Manager role.