For the Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge to communicate with Telenot intrusion panels through an IP network, you must configure the settings on the panel, and install and configure an RS232/IP converter.
Before you begin
- Make sure that your panels are hosted on an isolated private network to prevent attackers from intercepting data related to the panel.
- Connect a Genetec™ Intrusion Bridge to the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension.
- Read the release notes to understand the known issues, limitations, supported features, and so on of the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol and Telenot intrusion panels.
- Read the Telenot documentation that applies to your hardware.
Telenot panels use the RS232 serial port to communicate. A RS232/IP converter is needed. To monitor Telenot panels in Security Center, you must connect the panel to an RS232/IP converter.
What you should know
- Install and open Telenot CompasX.
Click on Settings, and select Data
In the Data transfer settings dialog box, do the
- From the Interface list, select an interface that is available and ready.
- From the Baud rate list, select 9600.
Configure your RS232/IP converter, using the documentation provided by the
NOTE: The RS232/IP converter that you configure must be assigned an IP address and port. These will be required when you enroll your Telenot panels in Security Center.
The panel can now communicate with Security Center. Create an Intrusion Manager role in Security Center.