You can configure Federation™ host so that operators can monitor live events and generate reports for Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol entities.
Before you begin
- Understand Federation™.
- Deploy the extension and integrate the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol with Security Center on each remote site.
- Read the release notes to learn about known issues and limitations that affect the use of Federation™ for this extension.
- Open Config Tool on the server that host Federation™.
- Add the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol base license (part number GSC-AP-BASE).
Set up a
Federation™.Set up a
Federation™. For more information, see the Federation™ chapter in the Security Center Administrator
- Create a Federation role for each remote site that hosts the Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol extension role.
Deactivate and then re-activate the Federation™
The Genetec™ Intrusion Protocol entities are displayed in the entity browser of the Federation™ host.
- Expand the Federation™ host role and confirm that the entities are listed in the entity browser.
- If the entities are missing, restart the Main server for the Federation™ host.
- In the Monitoring task, add the entities to the event monitoring list.