To integrate RSS feeds into Security Center, you must install the GeoRSS plugin on a Security Center expansion server and on all client workstations from which you want to visualize RSS feeds.
Before you begin
What you should know
- Although it is possible to run the plugin on a server that hosts other Security Center roles, it is a best practice to install the plugin on an expansion server to ensure the availability of Security Center.
- (Optional) To improve system availability, you can enable failover for the server that hosts the plugin role.
- If operators need the GeoRSS event reports and to see geolocated feeds on maps, you must install the plugin on all Security Center client workstations.
- Open the GTAP Product Download page.
- In the Download Finder list, select Security Center, and then select your version of Security Center.
- In the Genetec Plugins section, download the package for your product.
Run the .exe file, and then unzip the file.
By default, the file is unzipped to C:\Genetec.
- Open the extracted folder, right-click the setup.exe file, and click Run as administrator.
- Follow the installation instructions.
On the Installation Wizard Completed page, click
IMPORTANT: The Restart Genetec™ Server option is selected by default. You can clear this option if you do not want to restart the Genetec™ Server immediately. However, you must restart the Genetec™ Server to complete the installation.
- Close, and then open, any instances of Config Tool and Security Desk.