The GeoRSS plugin lets organizations subscribe to RSS 2.0 feeds and view geolocated RSS feeds on Security Center maps.
An RSS feed is a stream of posts, articles, comments, or events that is updated by a feed provider. A feed reader is an application that lets you subscribe to and read feeds from a feed provider. By following RSS feeds in Security Center, operators can see new and updated messages as they are published by the feed provider.
- Feeds that contain geographical coordinates are displayed on Security Desk maps.
- Feeds that do not contain geographical coordinates can only be read in the GeoRSS role's Feeds tab.
- Feeds associated with custom events are logged in the plugin database and can be viewed by generating the GeoRSS events report.
The components of a GeoRSS integration in Security Center include:
- RSS feeds
- RSS 2.0 feeds that are encoded using GeoRSS-Simple format. For more information see http://www.georss.org/.
- Security Center
- The Security Center system deployed as usual.
- GeoRSS plugin and role
- GeoRSS plugin is a software installed on a Security Center server and all client workstations. It provides the GeoRSS events report and the GeoRSS role.
- The GeoRSS role:
- Is created on a single Security Center server.
- Serves as an RSS 2.0 feed reader and aggregator.
- Shows geolocated RSS messages on Security Desk maps.